Thursday, June 15, 2006

IN SONG AND DANCE...





I had a blast leading the music station. We brought cassette players with microphones that the kids went nuts over. I thought I had it all planned out-- to teach songs like "Jesus Loves Me," and "Kum Ba Yah," but that plan went out the window fast! Their praise songs were way more fun! And thank goodness I had some groovy music, too: amazingly, I had bought some original children's music before leaving that turned out to be written & produced by my own friend-- who ALSO was one of my donors for this trip! Is that God or what?! The kids LOVED his stuff.

LOVE THY NEIGHBOR...


The microphones were not only used for singing...! One darling orphan named Joseph (the small one pictured here) wanted to share with the neighbors and began interviewing them over the fence. Thanks to an interpreter, I was able to understand the beautiful things that were said. Joseph asked each one what they would like to do when they grew older. Every answer was to be a doctor or an orphanage director. And to each one, Joseph replied, "I would like to encourage you in that..."

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Amazing! I know it is a time those kids will remember for the rest of their lives.

6/16/2006 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home